Annual ITSA membership and registration is required to compete in any ITSA sanctioned event ($60 per person). At the sole discretion of the Regional Director, the membership fee may be prorated on a per contest basis. Please click below to download the Membership Contract and submit directly to your Regional Director along with payment.
Spirit of Aloha
First and foremost, the mission of the International tandem Surfing Association is to preserve the stoke and "Spirit of Aloha" through the positive representation of the sport of tandem surfing.
Tandem Team Partnerships
To foster teamwork and promote equality within the sport, a male and female partner are considered to be a team for the entire duration of a competitive event. Partners may not be exchanged between heats during the same contest. The only exception to this rule is during promotional exhibitions where it would be advantageous to exchange partners for entertainment or educational purposes. When this is appropriate, teams will be notified in advance by the ITSA Contest Director or appointed representative for the event. Points and/or ranking earned by a team during a competitive event/season stay with the team as a whole when determining seeding for subsequent events, and points are not transferable to one partner or the other if the team is no longer competing together.
All competitors are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and respectful manner during sanctioned contests and sponsored events promoted/coordinated by the ITSA. Detrimental or unsportsmanlike behavior that projects a negative image of tandem surfing will not be tolerated. The following examples are meant to illustrate the type of behavior that may result in suspension or revocation of ITSA membership and privileges. This is not meant to be an all inclusive list as each situation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis by the ITSA Officers, Regional Directors and/or Board Members - all decisions will be final.
- Physically or verbally threatening and/or assaulting a fellow competitor, judge, and/or ITSA representative at any time
- Yelling or speaking loudly in an aggressive, negative, derogatory or inflammatory way about the sport, fellow competitors, judges, ITSA, and/or ITSA representatives during events
- Entering the judges' tent or talking to judges during an event with the intention of altering scores and/or influencing the results of a competition
- Utilizing social media to make comments with the implied intention of harming the reputation of the sport, fellow competitors, judges, ITSA, and/or ITSA representatives
- Using ITSA artwork, photographs or other proprietary material or information in an unauthorized or unlicensed manner